- On 05/04/2016
- Pinterest, Pinterest, Social-Media, visual-content
Not surprisingly, nowadays people don’t have time to read long articles and posts. Internet users pay more attention to content with images than content without photos. People are more attracted by visual content (images, video, infographics, and illustrations) and spend more time looking at the visuals than they do reading text. Images and video-sharing social media channels such as Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and Tumblr are growing extraordinarily fast. In this blog posts, the focus will be on how businesses can benefit from Pinterest.
Pinterest was launched in 2010 and only three years after its debut, its international traffic grew by 125% in 2013. It is now the third most popular social network after Facebook and Twitter. Marketers can use Pinterest as an additional communications and sales channel. You can use Pinterest tools such as Pin Boards, Rich Pins, Buyable Pins, and many more to effectively promote your products or business in more creative way.
Here’s what you need to know before you start using Pinterest to market your business:
- More than 75% of Pinterest usage takes places on phones and tablets
- 67% of pinners are under the age of 40
- 82% of the active users on Pinterest are women.
- Male monthly users have grown 120% last year
- 63% of pinners replace magazines and catalogs with Pinterest
- The most popular categories on Pinterest are: Food, Fashion, Cosmetics, Home Design, DIY Crafts, Travel, and Events
- Marketers can use Pinterest to promote their brand and grow business by using Promoted Pins. By promoting your best pins you get to the right audience at the right time.
- Business accounts can enable Rich Pins to include additional information about the pinned product images. For example, App Pins can include an install button, Place Pins can include map and address, Product Pins can include pricing and many more.
- Business accounts have a free analytics tool. With Pinterest Analytics businesses can see real-time audience data and insights.
Thanks for reading this blog post. If you like it do not hesitate to share it with your friends.